We require all applicants for the MLF to have:
– An outstanding undergraduate degree in law or equivalent professional qualification in law (this includes PgDL/CPE)
– If relevant, the required scores in a recognised English language test.
|Recognised language test||Minimum score||Additional requirement|
|IELTS||7.5||Minimum 7.0 per component|
|Internet based TOEFL||110||Listening 22
IELTS – International English Language Test Scheme
TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
What else do we look for?
The MLF is a tough and demanding course, which offers significant professional and academic rewards to successful candidates. We expect our applicants to be exceptional and judge them accordingly.
We look for evidence that you:
– Have made an informed decision to study the intersection of law and finance and are highly motivated
– Have a track record of outstanding academic achievement
– Have a proven capacity for hard work and the ability to engage in a very demanding programme of study
– Have the maturity to cope with a professional learning environment, although prior work experience is not essential.
There is no formal mathematics requirement for the course, but you will be expected to understand basic quantitative skills at the start of the course, and to acquire statistical skills as the course progresses. Intensive pre-sessional training will be available for those without the necessary background or whose knowledge is rusty.
You will be joining a group of highly motivated and capable individuals, all with a strong ability to think conceptually and analytically.